24 Foot Single Outrigger Power Boat
This plywood outrigger power boat is being built in Martha’s Vineyard.
We started with the 20 foot power proa as a template, and modified it for a slightly bigger motor and simpler structure using less carbon reinforcement.
This boat has a fuller bow and the outrigger depth and trim were tweaked based on experience with he 20-footer.
- Overall Length (hull): 7.76 m (25.5’)
- Beam Over All: 3.30 m (10.8’)
- Draft at Max Load: 0.49 m (19.4″)
- Launch Weight: 256 kg (564#)
- Fuel Capacity: 28 L (6 gal) Portable Tank
- Engine: 25 HP 4-Stroke O.B.
- Max Speed, 1/2 Load: 25 kts
- Cruising Speed: 15 kts
Primarily 6 and 9mm Okoume BS1088 plywood with West System Epoxy sheathed with E-glass. Beams are laminated fir wrapped with E-glass.